October 18, 2011

A Mother's Prayer

I pray you'll be my eyes
And watch her where she goes
And help her to be wise
Help me to let go

Every mother's prayer
Every child knows
Lead her to a place
Guide her with your grace
To a place where she'll be safe

I pray she finds your light
And holds it in her heart
As darkness falls each night
Remind her where you are

Every mother's prayer
Every child knows
Need to find a place
Guide her to a place
Give her faith so she'll be safe

Lead her to a place
Guide her with your grace
To a place where she'll be safe

A Mother's Prayer ~ Celine Dion

This song seems popular, we sang The Prayer for a vocal concert, then I heard this version. It's a neat song. Anyway. My mother is one of a kind. Which, all of us are. None of us are the same. We are snowflakes :) She wants what is in her childrens best interest, so she'll do whatever it takes to help them reach their goal or need.  There are the times when she will tell me to pick up my room, which that's a given, isn't it that "mother's handbook" that they pass out when you take your kid home? ;) I'm glad for the mom I have, and never want to take parents for granted, which I have been guilty of at times (shh, don't tell anyone!) :) Hope you're all doing well. Oh and the braces are off for good! :)

5 comments:

Darcie said...

I am sure the last two post you have written have enlarged your dad and mom's heart even more. They are so lucky to have you as their daughter!!!

ShareandRemember said...

Yes, I am K's aunt! So how did you meet her? Thanks for stopping by my blog!

tjp said...

Sweet song & tribute to your mom.

JKLMNOP said...

:) I was raised in the same field in Iowa that you live in!! I remember when both sets of your brothers were born. My last name use to be Beemer! Annie and Travis lived here in Corvallis for a while too! It's going to be fun to follow your blog - you look like an exceptional young lady!

JKLMNOP said...

Hi Emily, I don't think we've actually met. I'm Jerry's daughter but you probably don't remember Jerry since they moved quite a few years ago! You probably know my mom's (Lydia) brother and wife - Wendell and Vivian Faber?! Tell your folks hi from Karen.