July 9, 2012

Summer Vacation

This summer has been very full! We got out of school. Over Memorial day weekend, my brother, his family, and I all drove to Wyo, where we went to see my brother and his family. 4 out of 5 of us kids were there! We came back home then at the end of May my parents and I flew to Oregon for my brother's med school graduation. The ceremony lasted almost 3 hours, which was a long time to sit! We had a few days with Travis and Annie before flying home. One day at home, then we drove to Ryan and Tabby's and stayed with them during the annual church convention in Scottsbluff. After that, my parents and grandparents went on up to Buffalo to Nate's, while I stayed at Ryan's and went to another church convention in Wyo. After that convention, I went up to Nate's, and went to yet another church convention! :) After those 3 conventions, I had a week at Nate's, before heading back down to Ryan's with my cousin. My mom was there, and then we drove home. We received news of a death of a friend. So on the way home, my mom and I were planning and stopped to shop for some items. We got home on Monday night. Then Tuesday afternoon, my dad's cousins from Wash. State flew in. One of them has a plane. That night, we heard another young friend was in a fatal accident. Wednesday we went to a parade, had the hymn sing practice for the funeral the next day, then went to fireworks. Thursday morning we were in a rush to prepare everything. My dad dropped off our cousins at the airport, then mom and I went to the funeral home in Council Bluffs. It was good to see the family again, but the conditions weren't the best.  Friday, we recovered from the past few days, then went to Eric's that evening to be closer to where the funeral was held of the other friend. The funeral was very sobering and very touching. It was one of those things where I didn't think the last time I'd see them was at their funeral. But it is that way with anyone, you don't know what the future holds, but we do need to be prepared. Now, we are home and life is back to normal. My sister(in law) is due the beginning of August, so hopefully we can go meet the baby before school starts again, which is in a little over a month. This summer has gone by very fast!! I might try to share a few thoughts from all that I heard this summer. It has been very helpful to remember them. I hope everyone is doing well, and you all are having a great summer!

1 comment:

L'anglaise. said...

Thanks for the update Em! Sounds like you've had a good summer with your brothers and their families! Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Hugs from French Guiana!