"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one." ~Unknown
June 3, 2011
Do You Ever~
Remember things that have happened, and you witnessed them? Maybe they were really happy times, or even sad. I was thinking last night as I was trying to fall asleep I thought of a scene I saw. About 7 months a worker died and his funeral was on Veteran's Day (post.) After the funeral, there was the luncheon, and one of the friends had got his roommate a plate to take back to the nursing home. He rode out to the waiting bus, and when he got on, he just simply hung his head. It was a sad picture if you know what I mean. I felt so bad for him, he had said that he didn't want another roommate unless he was like Vernon. Glad that I had the chance to meet Vernon! I love older people. They are very sweet and always have stories to tell about when they were younger, or what their life was like. It is interesting because they lived during the Depression, or during the time of America when we were segregated, then that's when we get the chance to ask questions. Sometimes kids my age could care less about the older generations, but if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be here. I hope all are doing well!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment